Hello I’m Simon
Congratulations on deciding to join my Darner mentoring group.
To start with the group is only open to the following people…
- Accountants in practice who have more than 3 team members
- Sales over £100,000 in the last or current financial year
- Have been trading more than 3 years (or had a previous practice that has traded for more than 3 years)
- Be open minded….
- And, most importantly, be ready to take your practice forward.
If you don’t meet this criteria then email me before you apply and we’ll arrange a conversation to see if there is a fit.
So what will you achieve if you join the group….
You’ll learn all the tricks, tips and techniques I have used in my award winning accountancy practice called GreenStones over the last 12 years. You’ll also get to share your experiences in practice and learn from the experiences of everyone else in the group.
- You will take more action than you have ever taken before in your practice
- You will be inspired to improve your practice beyond where it currently is
- You will be challenged on a regular basis to achieve more than you are now, and
- You will continually be supported by the group.
Don’t just take my word for it. Listen to what Tony Kensington says…
So how does the group work…
We meet on a monthly basis (no meeting in August) at a great hotel called The Kettering Park Hotel and Spa. Darners travel from as far north as Halifax and as far south as London.
Six times a year we stay overnight and have dinner together in the hotel. This is included in your investment in the group and I even supply the wine at dinner!
Some Darners say this time out of their practice, real thinking time, is the best bit about the days. You get to spend some real time working on your practice rather than in it!.
Each time we meet we…..
- hold each other accountable for what we have achieved in the previous month
- learn some brilliant new material that you can use straight away in your practice
- hear a guest speaker share valuable insights and learnings from their careers. I have worked with all of the speakers before they present to the group and we have a strict no selling policy. Finally, we
- set actions for the coming month.
Over the years we have been running this group we have found this format to be the best for helping you become more…
- More focused on what you want to achieve in your practice. How are you going to get there if you don’t know where you are going?
- Start measuring the numbers that really matter to you and your practice so you can regain control of your practice and start making quicker and better decisions.
- Get free of the things that tie you to your practice on an everyday basis
- Set some boundaries so your team can make the right decisions when you are not there.
- Become aware of your emotional state so you can start making decisions for a better, more confident place and know they are the right ones for you
- Set up systems so the practice runs to perfection even when you are not there and
- Help you delegate all those task you no longer want to do so they get done event better than you do them yourself!
In between the meetings you’ll get a coaching call from Joanne Law to make sure you are on course to hit your objectives. Joanne is a friendly ear to listen to any challenges you might be having. She is also persistent at drawing you back to the specific actions you need and want to take.
These calls often hit on other actions you should be taking and ideas that you should be bringing to the group at the next event. They help you think in a different environment.
You’ll also be allocated a buddy. You and your buddy are responsible for making sure each of you hit your goals for the month. This peer to peer mentoring has a profound impact on your ability to achieve what you want to achieve. Many people have become close friends outside the group through these calls.
They also act as a sounding board so if you ever need a quick word with someone to keep you sane this is your chance!
We take your progress seriously!
As we know it affects the value you get from the group and this reflects on my reputation.
We take it so seriously in fact that we are prepared to share the results the group gets.
For the last month, 26 of the 30 actions set were achieved. In the last year the monthly average was 32 actions attained of 36 set.
This means that when you join the group and start to achieve this kind of action your practice will start turning in to the practice you have always dreamed of.
And we protect the reputation by removing people from the group if they don’t take action. That’s nothing to be scared of as we have a safety net in place. Of course we want you to take action (that’s the whole purpose of the group) but we will also SUPPORT you through the changes you need to make.
“Simon, that’s all well and good but why do I need a mastermind group?”
You’ll have heard of the phrase two heads are better than one – so how much better are 10 heads! You’ll get to work with and be supported by up to 20 practice owners who appreciate what you are trying to achieve and want to help.
Sometimes it is a lonely job being an Accountant in practice…
Ever wondered if you are doing the right thing? Need a sounding board before you make the big decision? The group can help you with these challenges.
You’ll get amazing ideas – very often someone from outside your practice or industry can see things you can’t. Their idea may not work for you but that “freshness” of thinking can very often spark an idea in you.
It’s fun! I was once told “Just because you are serious about your work you don’t have to be serious at work!”. Every member of the group has a strong and caring relationship with each other which enables the humour and experimentation to happen!
And, finally, but most importantly….
You’ll get massive accountability to make sure you and your practice is improving in the way you want it too.
“Darners” is a strange name for a member – Where did that come from?
Yep you have guessed it…
It is an analogy based around socks.
After you have had a pair of socks for a while a hole may well appear. By darning the hole you repair the sock and make it better than it was. Often stronger than before the hole appeared!
The same goes for your practice. After you have owned it for a while holes start to appear in the marketing, team and finances. That hole allows customers, profits and time to drain away which means you do not get adequately rewarded for the effort you put in.
Darners Mastermind group helps you darn that hole in your practice so you get everything you deserve and, by default, makes your practice stronger.
I know you are thinking this sounds too good to be true so I (and the group) want to prove it to you.
That all sounds great….How do I join the group?
Well, you don’t go out and buy a new car after reading all about it in the press – Even if you KNOW it is the perfect car for you..
You take a test drive..
And here is my offer to you…
If you “maybe” interested in joining Darners and you meet the criteria just “Book a Test Drive”
Simple as that.
No commitment, no overhyped sale and excellent value for money.
Just come along to the group and see if you like it….
What exactly do I get for a test drive?
For an investment of just £395 plus vat (payable on successful application) you get…
- A free Talent Dynamics Profile Report (this is yours to keep even if your application is unsuccessful) (Worth £100)
- A 90 minute induction process (Starts at 3.30pm) with Simon so you hit the ground running when the full meeting starts at 6pm (Worth £284)
- Overnight accommodation at Kettering Park Hotel. (Worth £135)
- Dinner and wine with the group in the evening.
- Full English breakfast and a three course lunch on the Darners day.
- Attendance at a Darners mastermind day (Worth £593)
- A 60 minute debrief with Joanne after the event to make sure you take action from the day (worth £150)
- A 30 minute accountability call 1 month after the day to make sure you have completed everything you said you would. (Worth £75)
Total value at least £1337!
And that’s not all…
Most of the people in the group have been on my one day BRAVEST Business Building course and my three day boot camp. When your application is successful you’ll get instant access to the videos of the one day event and again they are yours to keep even if you decide not to join the group. These videos normally sell for £242 plus vat.
Total value now £1579!
When you decide to join the group after your test drive you’ll receive the boot camp videos (Worth £891 plus vat) as well.
And all this comes with a
100% money back guarantee
so at the end of our day together
you’ll have three choices.
- Tell me it was a complete waste of your time and you received no value. If that is the case I’ll refund all of your £395 and you can keep the Talent Dynamics Profile Report, the one day videos and all of the information you learned on the day.
- You say thanks but no thanks and you decide not to join the group or more likely…
- You say “yes please” I want to join the group and we’ll agree whether that is the best thing for both you and the group at that time. Your investment in joining the group is from £593 plus vat per month starting the month you attend your first meeting.
So what’s your next step….
Because we want to protect the integrity and intimacy of the group there are only 3 test drive places available at each overnight event. Here is the next available date…
11/12 December 2014 – NO places available.
12/13 Janaury 2015 – Two Test Drives booked- ONE place left.
If you want to grab one of those available spots all you need to do is click here now…
Once we have received your application form we’ll be in touch to tell you whether you have qualified for the test drive and if so the next available dates for you to come along.
Here’s what some of the current members think about the group and the way we work together….
So if you want to join Julie, Mark and Tony together with some other great people all you need to do to grab a Test Drive place is click here now…
and download and fill out the application form. Once we have received your application form we’ll be in touch to tell you whether you have qualified for the test drive and if so the next available dates for you to come along.
I can’t wait to speak to you and welcome you on one of the days.
Go on then….
Pull Your Socks Up…